It's almost Halloween! The leaves are turning orange, red and yellow. The evenings are becoming colder. It's the time to embrace everything spooky, dress up in your best costumes and show off your pumpkin carving skills.
After all the excitement, what better way to relax (or recover) than with a soothing hot drink in one of our mugs. Whilst you're at it, test yourself with our Halloween trivia (answers at the bottom of the page).
- How do French people say 'trick or treat'?
- Is pumpkin a fruit or vegetable?
- Where did bobbing for apples originate?
- Which country do Jack-O-Lanterns come from?
- The original costumes of Halloween were made of which material?
- Who holds the record for world's fastest pumpkin carving time?
- What is the time for that record?
- Which country holds the record for heaviest pumpkin?
- What is Halloween an abbreviation of?
- The fear of Halloween is known as?
- What was the original title for Disney's Hocus Pocus?
- What was the most popular costume for pets in 2018?
- According to superstition, if you stare into a mirror at midnight on Halloween, what will you see?
- Who directed The Nightmare Before Christmas?
- When was the first Halloween card made?
- When children come to the door asking for candy (or 'les bon bons') they don't say 'trick or treat'. Instead the person answering the door asks in French whether you want 'sweets or a spell' ('des bonbons ou un sort?')
- Ancient Rome
- Animal head and skin
- Stephen Clarke
- 16.47 seconds (yes, really! Check for yourself here)
- Hallow's Evening
- Halloween House
- Your future husband or wife
- Henry Selick
- In the early 1920's
How many did you get right? Share and test your friends and family to see who has the best Halloween knowledge.
Be sure to check out our Pinterest for inspiration and more photos.