Super healthy egg white omelette in a mug
Crack on with this egg-cellent way to start your day. This 1-minute microwavable mug meal is the perfect breakfast, packed with protein, nutrients, and delicious flavours. We love this recipe for its pure simplicity, tastiness and minimal washing up. Our recipe contains fresh veg, cheese and a little seasoning, but you can add in whatever toppings you'd like. When done, your mug will be filled with a healthy egg white omelette. We used the Hey! Holla Get Up And Glow mug. It worked perfectly, as the size of the mug allows enough room for a good mix.
Egg white omelette in a mugCourse: Breakfast, SnacksDifficulty: Easy
A simple, nutritious breakfast that's as versatile as you like. And best of all - minimal washing up!
3 egg whites
1 tsp oil
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped onion
1 tbsp chopped tomato
1 tbsp chopped bell pepper
1 tbsp shredded cheese
- Finely chop veg, separate egg whites and grate your cheese
- Pour the oil into the mug
- Pour the egg white over the vegetables
- Add your cheese and a dash of salt and pepper (to taste)
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Place the mug in the microwave and cover
- Cook on full power (850W) for 60 seconds
- Voila! Enjoy your egg white omelette
- You can use whatever toppings you'd like, but cooking time may need adjusted slightly if you use less or more ingredients.