World Vegan Day
World Vegan Day is an annual event held on November 1st. The benefits of veganism for humans, animals and the natural environment are celebrated through numerous activities around the world. This year marks the 75th anniversary of the Vegan Society. Here is our easy and deliciously moist vegan mug recipe for you to try to mark the occasion.
Vegan Chocolate-Orange Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 4 tablespoons of fresh orange juice
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons of self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons of water
Method - In a mug:
- Whisk together the oil, orange zest, orange juice and sugar with a fork.
- Add the cocoa, flour and water
- Beat the batter until smooth
- Microwave the cake for 1min 30sec - 2min 30sec until risen and firm (Cooking time will vary depending on the power of the microwave)
- Allow to cool slightly before eating
We cooked our vegan mug cake in our Loving Feline mug. This mug leaves room for more mixture if you want a bigger portion (we wouldn't blame you!)
Be sure to check out our Pinterest for more inspiration.